Some Important Architects And Builders In Victoria History
William Ridgway Wilson (1863-1957)
William Ridgway Wilson (1863-1957) maintained an architectural practice in Victoria from 1887, when he came to Victoria from London, U.K., until the early 1940’s. He left a significant architectural legacy in Victoria.
In 1887-1889 he was in partnership with Elmer H. Fisher (1840-1905). After 1890 he maintained his own architectural practice.
Here are the William Ridgway Wilson projects we have included in the site so far:
- 1319-1329 Douglas Street (with Elmer H. Fisher), the Craft & Norris Block, built in 1888
- 579-581 Johnson Street – (with Elmer H. Fisher), W.G. Cameron Building, built in 1888
- 539-545 Fisgard Street (western section) – (with Elmer H. Fisher), Sheam & Lee Building, built in 1888
- Moss Street, Gyppeswyck, built in 1889 for Alexander Green. Now part of the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- 549-555 Fisgard Street, built in 1893 for Loo Tai Cho
- 508 Douglas Street, South Park School, built in 1894
- 1402-1406 Douglas Street, the Porter Block, built in 1900 for Robert Porter
- 1322 Rockland Avenue (Schuhuum), built in 1894 for Hewitt and Lizzie Bostock. Additions in 1901 by Samuel Maclure
- 1110-1112 Government Street, the Mahon Building; built in 1907 for Edward E. Mahon
- 1417 Broad Street, built in 1909 for John Meston and the Western Motor & Supply Company.
- 1408-1410 Broad Street, built in 1910
- 1221 Government Street, redesign of facade for W.J. Wilson Clothiers, 1912
- 1611 Quadra Street, St. John the Divine Anglican Church, designed in 1912
For more information on William Ridgway Wilson
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?