Quadra Street – Sightseeing Guide
Quadra Street runs north-south from Beacon Hill Park on the south to the Municipality of Saanich to the north.
Here is a map showing the location of Quadra Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of Quadra Street at Rockland Avenue, showing Pioneer Square:
Recommended Places To See On Quadra Street
Quadra Street – 500 Block
Humboldt Street intersects
840 Humboldt Street at Quadra Street
It is now condominiums.
Burdett Avenue intersects
Christ Church Cathedral is the base of the Anglican Diocese of British Columbia.
The building was designed by architect J.C.M. Keith.
Courtney Street and Rockland Avenue intersect
It is now a City of Victoria park. Most of the original gravestones have been removed and are in storage. Some of the larger grave monuments are still in their original laces while others have been moved to the east side of Pioneer Square.
Meares Street intersects
905 Fort Street at Quadra Street
905 Fort Street was built in 1925 by the Pantorium Dye Company, which used it for its dry cleaning business. The Pantorium logo can still be seen on the Fort Street frontage.
It is now Island Blue Print, a long established Victoria business.
Fort Street intersects
View Street intersects
It is now offices on the second floor with commercial and retail space on the main floor.
Yates Street intersects
Johnson Street intersects
907 Pandora Avenue at Quadra Street – Victoria Conservatory of Music
It is now the Victoria Conservatory of Music and the Alix Gooden Recital Hall.
Pandora Avenue intersects
The United Church sold the building to the First Baptist Church, which, in turn, sold it in 1973 when First Baptist Church moved to its current location two block north.
It is now a mixed use commercial and residential strata (condominium) called The Palladium.
1611 Quadra Street – St, John the Divine Anglican Church
Mason Street intersects
Fisgard Street and Balmoral Street intersect
1701 Quadra Street – First Metropolitan United Church
Originally the First Presbyterian Church, this building was designed by architect J.C.M. Keith and was built in 1912-1913. It was opened on 11 May 1913.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?