Fort Street – 900 Block
905 Fort Street
905 Fort Street is currently occupied by Island Blue Print, a business with a long history in Victoria.
This building was originally built in 1925 for the Pantorium Dye Company, later known simply as The Pantorium, which used it as a dry cleaners.
Here is a map showing the location of 905 Fort Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 905 Fort Street:
Additional Information About 905 Fort Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,902,700; Land $1,873,000; Buildings $29,700
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,774,000; Land $1,356,000; Buildings $418,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,585,000; Land $1,289,000; Buildings $296,000
A Brief History of 905 Fort Street
905 Fort Street was built in 1925 for the Pantorium Dye Company, which used the building for its dry cleaning business.
In the 1950’s the building was occupied by other businesses, including Champion Furniture and W.R. Menzies Plumbing & Heating.
It has been occupied by Island Blue Print since the 1980’s.
Here are links to some historic photographs of 905 Fort Street:
- BC Archives photo I-01842 – Pantorium interior, 1947; photographer Duncan Macphail
- BC Archives photo I-01843 – Pantorium interior, 1947; photographer Duncan Macphail
- City of Victoria Archives photo M01139 – 1959
Here are some Historic Advertisements for the Pantorium.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?