Victoria City Tour
St. Charles Street

620 St. Charles Street

620 St. Charles Street was built in 1911 by architect William Ridgway Wilson for Col. Edward Gawlor Prior (also see 1401 Government Street / 610 Johnson Street).

It is listed on the Victoria Heritage Register.

620 St. Charles Street, built in 1911 by architect William Ridgway Wilson for Col. Edward Gawlor Prior (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

620 St. Charles Street, built in 1911 by architect William Ridgway Wilson for Col. Edward Gawlor Prior (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

620 St. Charles Street, built in 1911 by architect William Ridgway Wilson for Col. Edward Gawlor Prior (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

620 St. Charles Street, built in 1911 by architect William Ridgway Wilson for Col. Edward Gawlor Prior (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

Here is a map showing the location of 620 View Street:

Here is a Google Street View image of 620 St. Charles Street:

Here are links to some websites with more information on 620 St. Charles Street:

Additional Information About 620 St. Charles Street

  • Assessed Value (July 2017): $2,434,000; Land $1,536,000; Buildings $898,000
  • Sold 19 September 2016 for $2,390,000
  • Assessed Value (July 2016): $2,171,000; Land $1,280,000; Buildings $891,000

A Brief History of 620 St. Charles Street

See Victoria Heritage Foundation

Col. Edward Gawlor Prior also built 1401 Government Street / 610 Johnson Street in 1888 for his hardware business E. G. Prior & Company.

The E.G. Prior Building, 1401 Government Street & 606-614 Johnson Street, built in 1888 for the E.G. Prior & Co. hardware store. (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

The E.G. Prior Building, 1401 Government Street & 606-614 Johnson Street, built in 1888 for the E.G. Prior & Co. hardware store. (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?