Percy Leonard James (1878-1970) was a leading architect in Victoria, B.C. and has left a significant legacy in Victoria’s architectural history. His brother Douglas James (1888-1962) was also a practicing architect in Victoria and in Duncan, B.C. The James brothers often collaborated on projects
Here is a partial listing of his projects on a leading Canadian architectural history website.
Here are the Percy Leonard James projects we have included on this website so far. We will adding more in the future.
- 914 St. Charles Street (Bannavern), built in 1910 for the Hon. William Alfred Galliher
- 1015 Moss Street, (with Douglas James) built in 1912-13 for Dr. James Helmcken and Ethel Helmcken
- 1558 Beach Drive, (with Douglas James) built in 1912 for John W. Morris
- 1790 Beach Drive, (with Douglas James) built in 1912 for Charles S. Baxter
- 1193 Beach Drive, built in 1927 for Henry Burt-Smith. Listed on Canadian Register of Historic Places in 2004.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?