Here’s a map showing the location of 1015 Moss Street.
Here is a Google Street View image of 1015 Moss Street:
Additional Information About 1015 Moss Street
1015 Moss Street is currently divided into 8 residential strata (condominium) units.
- Assessed Value (July 2019) 8 residential strata units: ranging from $272,900 to $470,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018) 8 residential strata units: ranging from $268,900 to $464,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015) 8 residential strata units: ranging from $173,900 to $304,800
- Assessed Value (July 2014) 8 residential strata units: ranging from $172,600 to $302,600
- Victoria Hallmark Society
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
A Brief History of 1015 Moss Street
Dr. James Douglas Helmcken was the son of pioneer Victoria physician Dr. John Sebastian Helmcken and the grandson of Colonial Governor Sir James Douglas.
Following Dr. James Helmcken’s death, Ethel Helmcken commissioned architect Samuel Maclure to design a waterfront home at 1538 Beach Drive in Oak Bay, which she moved into in 1922. 1538 Beach Drive was listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 2004.
1015 Moss was used as an apartment building for several decades under the name Georgian Apartments.
It suffered fire damage in 2008, which required the roof to be largely rebuilt.
This property is currently divided in 8 residential strata (condominium) units. It is listed on the Victoria Heritage Registry.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?