Douglas James (1888-1962) was the brother of Victoria architect Percy Leonard James (1878-1970). He came to Victoria from the U.K. in 1907 and formed a partnership with his brother, Percy Leonard James, which lasted until he joined the Canadian military in 1915.

After returning from First World War service, Douglas James established his own architecture practice in Duncan, B.C. which he maintained until 1943.

Here is a partial listing of Douglas James’ projects on a Canadian architectural history website.

Here are the Douglas James projects we have included so far on this site and our associated websites:

1015 Moss Street, built in 1912-13 by architects Percy Leonard James and Douglas James for Dr. James Helmcken and Ethel Helmcken

1015 Moss Street, built in 1912-13 by architects Percy Leonard James and Douglas James for Dr. James Helmcken and Ethel Helmcken

1301 Government Street, built in 1946 by architects David C. Frame and Douglas James for the Imperial Bank of Canada

1301 Government Street, built in 1946 by architects David C. Frame and Douglas James for the Imperial Bank of Canada

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?