Some Victoria History
Here is how this building appears at 1600-1602 Quadra Street today. It was built without the tower shown in the architect’s drawing above.
1800-1602 Quadra Street was built for the Congregational Church by the architectural firm of Breseman & Durfee in 1913. It became part of the United Church of Canada when the Congregational Church joined the Presbyterian Church and the Methodist Church to form the United Church of Canada in 1926.
The United Church of Canada sold the building to the First Baptist Church, which owned it until 1973, when it sold this building and moved to a new location a few block north at the corner of Quadra Street and North Park Street.
This building is now mixed commercial/residential strata building called The Palladian.
Here is a map showing the location of the former Congregational Church at 1600-1602 Quadra Street.
Here is a Google Street View image of 1600-1602 Quadra Street:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this post?