Some Important Architects & Builders In Victoria History

Leonard W. Hargreaves designed several significant buildings in Victoria.

Here are the Leonard W. Hargreaves buildings we have included on the site so far.

1450 Douglas Street, now the Hotel Rialto, built by architect Leonard Hargreaves in 1911 for Lim Bang. (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

1450 Douglas Street – now the Hotel Rialto

Built in 1910-1911 for Lim Bang, who opened it as the Prince George Hotel.

In 11917 it became the Douglas Hotel and operated under that name until 2007, when it was renovated and renamed the Hotel Rialto.

The building is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.

Read More…

The Scott Building, 705-711 Johnson Street. Built in 1912 for Robert Scott by architect Leonard W. Hargreaves.

The Scott Building, 705-711 Johnson Street. Built in 1912 for Robert Scott by architect Leonard W. Hargreaves.

Book cover, Building The West: Early Architects of British Columbia, edited by Donald Luxton

Book cover, Building The West: Early Architects of British Columbia, edited by Donald Luxton

For more information on Leonard W. Hargreaves and other early architects in Victoria history, we recommend Building The West: The Early Architects of British Columbia, edited by Donald Luxton.

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?