Here is a map showing the location of the Scott Building, 705-711 Johnson Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of the Scott Building:
Additional Information About the Scott Building, 705-711 Johnson Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,872,000; Land $1,375,000 Buildings $1,497,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $2,754,000; Land $1,132,000 Buildings $1,622,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $2,583,000; Land $1,076,000 Buildings $1,507,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $2,050,000; Land $927,000 Buildings $1,123,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $1,837,000; Land $876,000 Buildings $961,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places – formally recognized in 1995, listed in 2005
A Brief History of the Scott Building, 705-711 Johnson Street
The Scott Building at 705-711 Johnson Street was built in 1912 by architect Leonard W. Hargreaves for Robert Scott, a leading landowner and developer of the period.
It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places, which considers it a worthwhile example of early 20th century Victoria commercial buildings.
Here are links to some historic photographs of 705-711 Johnson Street:
Here are some other downtown Victoria buildings designed by architect Leonard Hargreaves:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?