Pandora Avenue – 600 Block
The 600 Block of Pandora Avenue contains a number of historic buildings along with providing access to Centennial Square, on the north side of Victoria City Hall.
Here is a map showing the location of the 600 Block of Pandora Avenue:
Here is a Google Street View image of the 600 Block of Pandora Avenue:
Pandora Avenue – 500 Block continues west
Government Street intersects
McPherson Playhouse – 3 Centennial Square at Pandora Avenue & Government Street
The McPherson Playhouse was built in 1914 by architect Jesse M. Warren for the firm of McPherson, Fullerton, which leased it to the Pantages Theatre Company as a vaudeville venue. It continued as a movie theatre until 1962, when Thomas Shanks McPherson bequeathed the building to the City of Victoria.
It is now the McPherson Playhouse.
1413-1421 Government Street (at Pandora Avenue) – Plaza Hotel
1413-1421 Government Street was originally built in 1910 as the Hotel Westholme.
It is now the Plaza Hotel.
1414-1420 Broad Street at Pandora Avenue
1414-1420 Broad Street (at Pandora Avenue) was originally built in 1907 by architect Francis Rattenbury for the Brackman-Ker Milling Company, which used it as an office and warehouse.
It is used by CIVI for its TV and radio broadcasting operations
Broad Street intersects
Victoria City Hall – 1 Centennial Square
The section facing Pandora Avenue (shown in the photo at left) comprises part of the original 1878 building along with additions from the 1880’s.
1450 Douglas Street (at Pandora Avenue) – Hotel Riato
1450 Douglas Street was originally built in 1911 for Lim Bang, who opened it as the Prince George Hotel. It became the Hotel Douglas from 1920 to 2007, when the present owners renovated it as the Hotel Rialto.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.