Here is a map showing the location of 836 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 836 Yates Street:
Additional Information About 836 Yates Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $8,617,000; Land $3,561,000; Buildings $5,056,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $7,856,000; Land $3,598,000; Buildings $4,258,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $7,319,,000; Land $3,421,000; Buildings $3,898,000
A Brief History of 836 Yates Street
836 Yates Street was originally built in 1936 by architect Eric Charlesworth Clarkson as the Atlas Theatre.
The Atlas Theatre was privately owned. In 1966 the Atlas Theatre was taken over by the Famous Players Theatre chain and its name was changed to the Coronet Theatre.
In 1995 it was converted into its present configuration as an office building, known as the Yates Centre.
Here are links to some historic photos of 836 Yates Street:
- City of Victoria Archives photo M06969 – Atlas Theatre, 1943
- City of Victoria Archives photo M08761 – Atlas Theatre, 1943
- BC Archives photo I-01707 – Atlas Theatre Candy Counter, 1947 – photographer: Duncan Macphail
- City of Victoria Archives photo M01830 – 1966, Atlas Theatre becomes the Coronet Theatre
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.