Yates Street – 500 Block
535 Yates Street
535 Yates Street was designed and built in 1899-1900 by architect Thomas Hooper as a warehouse and office for Pither & Leiser, Liquor Merchants, which wanted this new building as a replacement for the adjacent building the company had outgrown at 533 Yates Street,
535 Yates Street is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.
Here is a map showing the location of 535 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 535 Yates Street:
Additional Information About 535 Yates Street
- Assessed Value (July 2020): $4,475,000; Land $1,735,000 Buildings $2,740,000
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $5,003,000; Land $2,217,000 Buildings $2,766,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $4,596,000; Land $1,809,000 Buildings $2,787,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $4,192,000; Land $3,664,000 Buildings $528,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $3,963,000; Land $3,408,000 Buildings $555,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $3,537,000; Land $2,972,000 Buildings $565,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places
A Brief History of 535 Yates Street
Here are links to some historic photos of 535 Yates Street:
We will be adding more history in the near future.
Pither & Leiser is the only historic Victoria company to be associated with three heritage buildings. here are the other buildings associated with Pither & Leiser:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.