Yates Street – 500 Block
533 Yates Street
533 Yates Street was built in 1887 as the warehouse and office of Boucherat & Co., Liquor Merchants.
It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.
Here is a map showing the location of 533 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 533 Yates Street:
Additional Information About 533 Yates Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,250,000; Land $1,077,000 Buildings $1.173,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $2,079,000; Land $931,000 Buildings $1.148,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,820,000; Land $884,000 Buildings $936,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,714,000; Land $763,000 Buildings $951,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places
A Brief History of 533 Yates Street
533 Yates Street was built in 1887 as a warehouse and office for Boucherat & Co., Liquor Merchants. Soon after the building was finished, Boucherat & Co. became Pither & Leiser, which continued to operate a wholesale liquor business in this building.
Pither & Leiser outgrew this building and built the adjacent building at 535 Yates Street in 1900 as its new warehouse and office.
We will be adding more history of this building in the near future.
Here are links to some historic photos of 533 Yates Street:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?