As part of our series on Historic Victoria Advertisements, Automobiles & Transportation , 1930-1939 , here is a 1937 advertisement for Ford V-8 trucks, sold by National Motor Company, which was located at 819 Yates Street.
The former National Motor Company location at 819 Yates Street is no longer extant. In the 1930’s Yates Street between Blanshard Street and Cook Street was home to many automobile dealers. Most have now been replaced by condominiums and by other businesses.
Here are links to some historic photographs showing the National Motor Company at 819 Yates Street:
- City of Victoria Archives photo M06735 – circa 1927. Photo: Parfitt Brothers
- City of Victoria Archives photo M05602 – 1960
- City of Victoria Archives photo M05600 – 1970
- City of Victoria Archives photo M05601 – 1970
Here is a map showing where National Motor Company was once located at 819 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 819 Yates Street, now the site of a condominium development:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this post?