Notable Architects & Builders In Victoria History

John Charles Malcolm Keith (1858-1940)

John Charles Malcolm Keith (1858-1940) specialized in religious buildings, particularly for the Anglican Church and the Anglican Diocese of British Columbia. Here is a partial listing of his projects.

His Victoria and Vancouver Island projects include:

The facade of the former Victoria Police Headquarters building, formerly at 625 Fisgard Street

The facade of the former Victoria Police Headquarters building, formerly at 625 Fisgard Street

 

Canoe Brew Pub and Restaurant, 450 Swift Street. The building was built in 1894 as the power generating station for the City of Victoria's street lights.

Canoe Brew Pub and Restaurant, 450 Swift Street. The building was built in 1894 as the power generating station for the City of Victoria’s street lights.

1715 Rockland Avenue, south facing facade

1715 Rockland Avenue, south facing facade, built in 1892

First Metropolitan United Church, 1701 Quadra Street. Built in 1912 by architect J.C.M. Keith as the First Presbyterian Church

First Metropolitan United Church, 1701 Quadra Street. Designed in 1911-1912 by architect J.C.M. Keith as the First Presbyterian Church

912 Vancouver Street, built in 1923 by architect J.C.M. Keith as the Christ Church cathedral memorial Hall. It is now the Cathedral School (photo: Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

912 Vancouver Street, built in 1923 by architect J.C.M. Keith as the Christ Church Cathedral Memorial Hall. It is now the Cathedral School (photo: Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

Christ Church Cathedral, 930 Burdett Street, Victoria, B.C.

Christ Church Cathedral, Quadra Street elevation, Victoria, B.C.

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?