John Charles Malcolm Keith (1858-1940)
John Charles Malcolm Keith (1858-1940) specialized in religious buildings, particularly for the Anglican Church and the Anglican Diocese of British Columbia. Here is a partial listing of his projects.
His Victoria and Vancouver Island projects include:
- Christ Church Cathedral, designed in 1891 for the Anglican Diocese of British Columbia but construction was not started until 1926.
- 1715 Rockland Avenue (1892)
- 450 Swift Street, (now the Canoe Brew Pub and Restaurant) built in 1894 as a power generating station for the City of Victoria (1894)
- St. John’s Anglican Church, 468 Jubilee Street, Duncan, B.C. (1905)
- First Metropolitan United Church, 1701 Quadra Street (1911-1912)
- Victoria Police headquarters, 625 Fisgard Street (1914)
- Margaret Jenkins School, Foul Bay Avenue at Fairfield Road (1914)
- First Presbyterian Church (now First Metropolitan United Church), 1701 Quadra Street at Balmoral Street (1911-15)
- Christ Church Cathedral Memorial Hall, 912 Vancouver Street at Rockland Avenue (1923)
- Christ Church Cathedral, Quadra Street and Rockland Avenue (construction started in 1926)
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.