Downtown Victoria Tour
Broughton Street – 500 Block

530-534 Broughton Street / 1005 Langley Street

This building at 530-534 Broughton Street / 1005 Langley Street was built in 1909 by architect Francis Rattenbury as an office for the B.C. Land & Investment Company, a British company which channeled British investment capital into British Columbia.

530-534 broughton Street / 1005 Langley Street, at the corner of Broughton Street and Langley Street, was designed in 1909 by architect Francis Rattenbury as offices for the B.C. Land & Investment Company. (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

Here is a map showing the location of 530-534 Broughton Street / 1005 Langley Street:

Additional Information About 530-534 Broughton Street / 1005 Langley Street

  • Assessed Value (July 2016): $4,992,000; Land $1,006,000 Buildings $3,986,000
  • Assessed Value (July 2015): $4,401,000; Land $867,000 Buildings $3,534,000
  • Assessed Value (July 2014): $4,366,000; Land $819,000 Buildings $3,547,000

A Brief History of 530-534 Broughton Street

530-534 Broughton Street was built in 1909 by architect Francis Rattenbury as an office for the B.C. Land & Investment Company, a British company which channeled British investment into B.C.

In the pre-First World War period, British investors were the leading source of foreign investment in British Columbia and the B.C. Land & Investment Company was a major player in directing British investment capital into British Columbia projects.

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?