Downtown Victoria Tour – Yates Street
Yates Street – 500 Block
This single storey building at 503 Yates Street, at the corner of Yates Street and Wharf Street was built circa 1901.
Here is a Google Maps image of 503 Yates Street:
Here is a map showing the location of 503 Yates Street:
Additional Information about 503 Yates Street
503 Yates Street is legally consolidated with the adjacent building at 1215-1221 Wharf Street
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $5,096,000; Land $3,508,000 Buildings $1,588,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $4,589,000; Land $3,336,000 Buildings $1,253,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $4,401,000; Land $2,875,000 Buildings $1,526,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $4,398,000; Land $2,717,000 Buildings $1,681,000
A Brief History of 503 Yates Street
Here are some links to some historic photos of this building:
- BC Archives photo A-01613 – 503 Yates as Yates Metal and Pattern Works, 1939.
- BC Archives photo I-01770 – 503 Yates as Dowell Transfer, 1947. Photographer: Duncan Macphail
- BC Archives photo I-01771 – 503 Yates as Dowell Transfer, 1947. Photographer: Duncan Macphail
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?