Downtown Victoria Tour – Yates Street
Yates Street – 500 Block
This single storey building at 503 Yates Street, at the corner of Yates Street and Wharf Street was built circa 1901.
Additional Information about 503 Yates Street
503 Yates Street is legally consolidated with the adjacent building at 1215-1221 Wharf Street
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $4,401,000; Land $2,875,000 Buildings $1,526,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $4,398,000; Land $2,717,000 Buildings $1,681,000
A Brief History of 503 Yates Street
Here are some links to some historic photos of this building:
- BC Archives photo A-01613 – 503 Yates as Yates Metal and Pattern Works, 1939.
- BC Archives photo I-01770 – 503 Yates as Dowell Transfer, 1947. Photographer: Duncan Macphail
- BC Archives photo I-01771 – 503 Yates as Dowell Transfer, 1947. Photographer: Duncan Macphail
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?