Victoria City Tour
Beach Drive – Oak Bay
468 Beach Drive
468 Beach Drive was built in 1920 by architect Samuel Maclure for Ernest B. Halsall, corporate secretary of the Esquimalt Waterworks Company.
Alterations were made in 1939 by architect John Graham Johnson (1882-1945). Relatively recent alterations include the addition of a basement suite and alterations to the front steps.
This house is quite typical of the Georgian Revival style of many Samuel Maclure designs during the 1920’s.
Here is a map showing the location of 468 Beach Drive:
Additional Information About 468 Beach Drive
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,667,000; Land $1,344,000 Buildings $323,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,481,000; Land $1,112,000 Buildings $369,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,071,000; Land $843,000 Buildings $228,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $1,122,000; Land $805,000 Buildings $317,000
- Georgian Revival architectural style
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?