Store Street – 1600 Block
1601-1613 Store Street
This building at 1601-1613 Store Street, at the intersection of Store Street and Pandora Avenue, is now Swan’s Hotel & Brewpub.
It was originally built in 1913 by architect Milo S. Farwell as a warehouse for Scott & Peden, a feed and grain dealer. The building was converted into Swan’s Hotel in 1987.
Here is a map showing the location of 1601- Store Street / 506 Pandora Avenue:
Here is a Google Street View image of 1601 Store Street / 506 Pandora Avenue:
Additional Information About 1601-1613 Store Street / 506 Pandora Avenue
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $6,317,000; Land – $3,032,000, Buildings – $3,285,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $6,065,000; Land – $2,906,000, Buildings – $3,159,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $5,739,000; Land – $2,763,000, Buildings – $2,976,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $5,563,000; Land – $2,382,000, Buildings – $3,181,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $4,685,000; Land – $2,250,000, Buildings – $2,435,000
A Brief History of 1601-1613 Store Street & 502-510 Pandora Avenue
This building was built in 1913 by architect Milo S. Farwell as a warehouse for Scott & Peden, a feed and grain dealer.
As a feed and grain warehouse this was a very utilitarian building. A rail line once ran directly to the building so boxcars could be brought right up to the loading docks.
In 1987 the building was renovated into Swan’s Hotel & Brewpub.
Here are links to some historic photos of this building:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?