Additional Information About 1312-1314 Government Street
1312-1314 Government Street is now divided into strata units, with a commercial strata unit on the main floor at 1312 Government Street and 22 residential strata units (condominiums) on the upper floors with access at 1314 Government Street
- Assessed Value (July 2015) 1312 Government Street (commercial strata): $623,900
- Assessed Value (July 2014) 1312 Government Street (commercial strata): $624,300
- Assessed Value (July 2015) 1314 Government Street (22 residential strata units): from $125,600 to $267,800
- Assessed Value (July 2014) 1314 Government Street (22 residential strata units): from $123,000 to $261,700
- Canadian Register of Historic Places – listed in 1975
- Victoria Real Estate Board – Commercial Building Awards
A Brief History of 1312-1314 Government Street
Here are links to some historic photos of this building:
- BC Archives photo A-08066 – Fire Department horses on Government Street, circa 1904. Also shows 1300-1304 Government Street; 1306 Government Street; 1308-1310 Government Street; 1316-1328 Government Street
- BC Archives photo B-06372 – Government Street, looking south from Johnson Street, circa 1910
- BC Archives photo B-05072 – New England Hotel & Cafe, circa 1915.
This building replaced an earlier New England Hotel building which had stood on this site since 1858. This is the reason for the “Established 1858” decorative feature on the Government Street facade.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?