Downtown Victoria Tour
Wharf Street – 1200 Block

1202-1214 Wharf Street – Hartwig Court

1202-1214 was originally built in 1882 by architect Hermann Otto Tiedemann for Roderick Finlayson.

It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places as the Finlayson Building.

1202-1214 Wharf Street, built in 1882 by architect H.O. Tiedemann for Roderick Findlayson

1202-1214 Wharf Street, built in 1882 by architect H.O. Tiedemann for Roderick Findlayson

 

Here is a map showing the location of 1202-1214 Wharf Street:

 

Here is a Google Street View image of 1202-1214 Wharf Street:

 

Additional Information About 1202-1214 Wharf Street

  • Assessed Value (July 2017): $7,752,000; Land $2,522,000; Buildings $5,230,000
  • Assessed Value (July 2016): $7,416,000; Land $2,016,000; Buildings $5,400,000
  • Canadian Register of Historic Places

 

A Brief History of 1202-1214 Wharf Street

1202-1214 was originally built in 1882 by architect Hermann Otto Tiedemann for Roderick Finlayson.

It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places as the Finlayson Building.

The rear of the Finlayson Building was designed for access  to the Inner Harbour. It takes advantage of the slope to create three storeys overlooking the Inner Harbour while there is only a single level evident on Wharf Street.

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?