Leonard Butress Triman (1846-1892) left a significant legacy in Victoria’s architecture. Here is a partial listing of his projects.
His surviving projects in Victoria include:
- Hamley Building, 1001-1005 Government Street at Broughton Street, built in 1887
- E.G. Prior store, Government Street at Johnson Street, built in 1888
- Ellesmere (residence for James Angus), 1321 Rockland Avenue, built in 1888
- Saunders Building, 561-563 Johnson Street, built 1890
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 900 Douglas Street, built in 1890.
- Capital Iron, Store Street, built in 1888-1891
- Powell & Co. building, 1411 Government Street, built in 1891
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?