Downtown Victoria Tour
Government Street – 900 Block
913 Government Street – Rogers Chocolates
913 Government Street is well known as the home to Rogers Chocolates.
The building is one of a group of three adjacent buildings designed and built in 1903 by architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins. The other two are 909 Government Street and 911 Government Street.
Here is a map showing the location of 913 Government Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 913 Government Street:
Additional Information About 913 Government Street:
913 Government Street is legally consolidated with the adjacent building to the east at 916 Gordon Street.
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $2,056,000; Land $1,338,000 Buildings $718,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,812,000; Land $1,053,000 Buildings $759,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,714,000; Land $948,000 Buildings $766,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $1,705,000; Land $921,000 Buildings $784,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places – listed in 1975
- National Historic Site of Canada – designated in 1991.
A Brief History of 913 Government Street
913 Government Street is one of a group of three adjacent buildings designed and built in 1903 by architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins. The other two are 909 Government Street and 911 Government Street.
913 Government Street was built for Charles Rogers for his business, Rogers Chocolates. It has been occupied by Rogers Chocolates since 1903.
Here are some links to historic photos of Rogers Chocolates:
- BC Archives photo I-04333 – 1983
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?