913 Government Street is well known as the home to Rogers Chocolates.

The building is one of a group of three adjacent buildings designed and built in 1903 by architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins. The other two are 909 Government Street and 911 Government Street.

913 Government Street was listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 1975 and designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1991.

913 Government Street, designed by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins. Built in 1903.

913 Government Street, designed by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins. Built in 1903.

913 Government Street is one of a group of three adjacent buildings – the other two are 909 Government Street and 911 Government Street – designed and built in 1903 by architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins.

909, 911 and 913 Government Street, designed by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins. Built in 1903.

909, 911 and 913 Government Street, designed by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins. Built in 1903.

Additional Information About Rogers Chocolates and 913 Government Street:

 

A Brief History of 913 Government Street

913 Government Street is one of a group of three adjacent buildings designed and built in 1903 by architects Thomas Hooper and Charles Elwood Watkins. The other two are 909 Government Street and 911 Government Street.

The building was built for Charles Rogers for his business, Rogers Chocolates. It has been occupied by Rogers Chocolates since 1903.

913 Government Street was listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 1975 and designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1991.

Here are some links to historic photos of Rogers Chocolates:

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?