Downtown Victoria Tour
Vancouver Street – 700 Block
743 Vancouver Street
743 Vancouver Street is one of eight houses designed and built in 1892 by Victoria architect John Teague for British investor Hedley Chapman. Only six of these eight houses designed by John Teague for Hedley Chapman are still extant. These other five surviving houses are: 725 Vancouver Street; 731 Vancouver Street; 737 Vancouver Street; 1012 Richardson Street; and 1011 Maclure Street.
Here is a map showing the location of 743 Vancouver Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 743 Vancouver Street:
Additional Information About 743 Vancouver Street
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,144,000; Land $756,000; Buildings $388,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $999,000; Land $750,000; Buildings $249,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
- Victoria Hallmark Society
A Brief History of 743 Vancouver Street
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?