Yates Street – 600 Block
648-652 Yates Street
This building at 648-652 Yates Street was built circa 1893 as a four storey hotel called the Hotel Wilson. The upper floors were removed in the 1940’s.
Here is a map showing the location of 648-652 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 648-652 Yates Street:
Additional Information About 648-652 Yates Street:
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,228,000; Land $1,587,000 Buildings $641,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $2,074,000; Land $1,449,000 Buildings $625,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,843,000; Land $1,378,000 Buildings $465,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,772,000; Land $1,188,000 Buildings $584,000
A Brief History of 648-652 Yates Street:
This building was originally built in 1893 as a three storey hotel. During its days as a hotel the building was known as the Hotel Wilson and the Gordon Hotel. The upper floors were removed in the 1940’s.
Here are links to some historic photos of 648-652 Yates Street:
- City of Victoria Archives photo M06710 – circa 1900
- City of Victoria Archives photo M10037 – circa 1900
- BC Archives photo E-01552 – Hotel Wilson circa 1902 (photo credit: B.C. Engraving Company)
- BC Archives photo D-07130 – Gordon Hotel circa 1905
- BC Archives photo I-60812 – funeral of Premier John Oliver, 20 August 1927
- City of Victoria Archives photo M01392 – 1959
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?