Fisgard Street – 500 Block
557-561 Fisgard Street – Lee Woy & Company Building
Here is a map showing the location of 557-561 Fisgard Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 557 Fisgard Street:
AAdditional Information About 557-561 Fisgard Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,213,000; Land: $784,000; Buildings: $429,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,100,000; Land: $767,000; Buildings: $333,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $946,000; Land: $729,000; Buildings: $217,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $882,000; Land: $629,000; Buildings: $253,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places
A Brief History of 557-561 Fisgard Street
This building at 557-561 Fisgard Street was designed and built in 1908 by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins for Lee Woy. In August 1908 the City of Victoria issued a building permit to Lee Woy for construction of a a “new brick building, 2 rooms, purpose: stores” with an estimated construction cost of $6,000.
This building is formally recognized by the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 1995 and listed in 2009.
Here are links to some historic photographs of 557-561 Fisgard Street:
- City of Victoria Archives photo M01201 – circa 1965
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?