Downtown Victoria Tour
Fisgard Street – 500 Block

557-561 Fisgard Street – Lee Woy & Company Building

This building was designed and built in 1908 by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins for Lee Woy.

It is listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places as the Lee Woy & Company Building. It is now used by the Chinese Freemasons.

557-561 Fisgard Street, built in 1908 by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins for Lee Woy. It is now used by the Chinese Freemasons. (photo by Victoria Online Sightseeing Tours)

Here is a map showing the location of 557-561 Fisgard Street:

Additional Information About 557-561 Fisgard Street

  • Assessed Value (July 2016): $946,000; Land: $729,000; Buildings: $217,000
  • Assessed Value (July 2015): $882,000; Land: $629,000; Buildings: $253,000
  • Canadian Register of Historic Places

A Brief History of 557-561 Fisgard Street

This building at 557-561 Fisgard Street was designed and built in 1908 by architects Thomas Hooper and C. Elwood Watkins for Lee Woy. In August 1908 the City of Victoria issued a building permit to Lee Woy for construction of a a “new brick building, 2 rooms, purpose: stores” with an estimated construction cost of $6,000.

This building is formally recognized by the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 1995 and listed in 2009.

Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?