Yates Street – 500 Block
516 Yates Street
516 Yates Street was designed and built by architect H.O. Tiedemann in 1882-82 as a warehouse for Sidney J. Pitts.
In 1991, 516 Yates Street and the adjacent building at 518 Yates Street were renovated and adapted for use by the Victoria International Hostel, which still occupies both buildings.
Here is a map showing the location of 516 Yates Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 516 Yates Street:
Additional Information About 516 Yates Street
516 Yates Street is legally consolidated with the adjacent building at 518 Yates Street.
- Assessed Value (July 2020): $1,461,200; Land $1,406,000; Buildings $55,200
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $1,568,000; Land $1,213,000; Buildings $355,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,421,000; Land $1,099,000; Buildings $322,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,317,000; Land $986,000; Buildings $331,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,220,000; Land $938,000; Buildings $282,000
- Victoria Hallmark Society
A Brief History of 516 Yates Street
Under Construction – Coming Soon
Here are links to some historic photographs of 516 Yates Street:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.