Here is a map showing the location of 1205-1213 Wharf Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 1205 Wharf Street:
Additional Information About 1205-1213 Wharf Street & 8-10 Bastion Square
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $9.523,000; Land $4,405,000; Buildings $5,118,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $8.573,000; Land $3,521,000; Buildings $5,052,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $7.837,000; Land $2,650,000; Buildings $5,187,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $7.451,000; Land $2,197,000; Buildings $5,254,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $6,662,000; Land $1,550,000; Buildings $5,112,000
- Canadian Register of Historic Places
A Brief History of 1205-1213 Wharf Street & 8-10 Bastion Square
He soon set up a commission and general merchants business with his son in law, William J. MacDonald, which operated from a building on this site. Captain Reid demolished the original building in 1862 and had this building erected in 1862-1863.
The building was originally two stories. (Here is a photo of this building circa 1880) A hipped roof was added later but was subsequently replaced by the current third story with its Mansard roof.
Captain Reid died in 1868 but his estate retained ownership of the building for decades under the management of the estate’s executor.
Here are some links to historic photos of this building:
- BC Archives photo A-02568 – circa 1880 as a two storey building
- BC Archives photo A-03475 – circa 1880 as a two storey building
- BC Archives photo B-02227 – circa 1880
- City of Victoria Archives photo M06747 – 1915
- City of Victoria Archives photo M05530 – 1960
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?
Error: Contact form not found.