Victoria City Tour
1203 Beach Drive – Harrowgate Apartments
The Harrowgate Apartments at 1203 Beach Drive, at the intersection of Beach Drive and Margate Street, was designed in 1929 by architect Percy Fox and built in 1929-30 by owner/contractor John Moxam. It is the last remaining example of the early 20th century walk up apartment buildings that were once common on Beach Drive.
Here is a map showing the location of 1203 Beach Drive:
Here is a Google Street View image of 1203 Beach Drive:
One Oak Bay architectural historian has described the Harrowgate Apartments as “a fine example of symmetrical composition which terminates the vista up Margate Street and its prominent corner location continues and enhances the Tudor Revival style of architecture on this section of Beach Drive.”
Additional Information About the Harrowgate Apartments, 1203 Beach Drive
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $2,328,000; Land $1,462,000 Buildings $866,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,172,000; Land $1,384,000 Buildings $788,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,891,000; Land $952,000 Buildings $939,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,808,000; Land $866,000 Buildings $942,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,557,000; Land $752,000 Buildings $805,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $1,469,000; Land $685,000 Buildings $784,000
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?