James Bay Tour / Emily Carr Tour
218 St. Andrew’s Street
218 St. Andrews Street was built circa 1900.
It is best known as the studio of artist Emily Carr (1871-1945).
Here is a map showing the location of 218 St. Andrews Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 218 St. Andrews Street:
Additional Information About 218 St. Andrews Street
- Assessed Value (July 2020): $1,129,200; Land $,1,051,000; Buildings $78,200
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $1,071,200; Land $,1,000,000; Buildings $71,200
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,0956,800; Land $,1,029,000; Buildings $66,800
- Sold on 12 January 2018 for $910,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,056,000; Land $951,000; Buildings $105,000
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
A Brief History of 218 St. Andrews Street
Here are links to some historic photographs of 218 St. Andrews Street:
- City of Victoria Archives photo M00687 – Emily Carr’s studio, circa 1945
- City of Victoria Archives photo M00688 – Emily Carr’s studio, circa 1945
Here are some more buildings associated with Emily Carr:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?