Historic Victoria Advertisements
As part of our series on Historic Victoria Advertisements, Businesses, here is a 1910 advertisement for Brackman-Ker Milling Company, then located at 1420 Broad Street in downtown Victoria.
The advertisement depicts the Brackman-Ker Milling Company facility (now demolished) at what was then called the Outer Wharf. It is now Ogden Point, where cruise ships dock when visiting Victoria.
The Brackman Ker Milling Company was a leading business in Victoria during the late 19th and early 20th century and its owner, David Russell Ker, was a leading figure in Victoria business circles.
Here are some extant Victoria buildings associated with David Russell Ker and the Brackman-Ker Milling Company:
1407 Government Street was built in 1888 as an office and warehouse for the Brackman-Ker Milling Company, which used it until 1907.
1420 Broad Street was built for the Brackman-Ker Milling Company in 1907 by architect Francis Rattenbury.
Brackman-Ker Milling Company moved its offices and warehouse here from 1407 Government Street when this building was completed in 1907.
512-514 Fort Street – the Ker Block
The Ker Block at 512-514 Fort Street was designed and built in 1909 by architect Francis Rattenbury as an investment property for David Russell Ker, owner of the Brackman-ker Milling Company.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this post?
Leave A Comment