Victoria City Tour
Beach Drive – Oak Bay
644 Beach Drive
644 Beach Drive was built in 1927 by architect Samuel Maclure for Gardiner C. Boyd and Grace E. Boyd.
Gardiner C. Boyd was involved in the lumber business around Lake Cowichan, in the Cowichan Valley north of Victoria.
Samuel Maclure designed an ingenious system of counter-weighted wall sections in this house which allowed the walls to be lifted into the ceiling so the interior could be opened up into one large space.
644 Beach Drive sold on 15 April 2015 for $2,100,000.
Here is a map showing the location of 644 Beach Drive:
Here is a Google Street View image of 644 Beach Drive:
Additional Information About 644 Beach Drive
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $3,013,000; Land $2,729,000 Buildings $284,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $2,578,000; Land $2,435,000 Buildings $143,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $2,133,000; Land $1,898,000 Buildings $235,000
- Sold on 15 April 2015 for $2,100,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $2,182,000; Land $1,861,000 Buildings $321,000
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?