As part of our series on Historic Victoria Advertisements, Automobiles & Transportation, 1920-1929, here is a 1926 advertisement for Jewett Six automobiles, from Eve Brothers, Limited, “Fort and Quadra Streets”.
We think this location was 900 Fort Street, on the north east corner of the Fort Street / Quadra Street intersection. We have also posted a 1939 advertisement for McLaughlin-Buick from Davis-Drake Motors at 900 Fort Street, so it appears there was a car dealership there, under various names, for a few decades in the early 20th century.
Jewett Six automobiles were only produced between March 1922 and December 1926, after which the Paige-Detroit Motor Car Company was purchased by the Graham Brothers on 3 January 1927 and Jewett was re-branded as Paige in 1927 and as Graham-Paige in 1928.
Here are some websites with more information on the Jewett Six:
Here is a map showing the location of what we believe to have been the Eve Brothers, Limited dealership at 900 Fort Street:
Here is a Google Street View image showing the present appearance of the site we believe to have been the Eve Brothers, Limited dealership at 900 Fort Street:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this post?