Some Important Architects & Builders In Victoria History
John Di Castri was one of Victoria’s most important architects of the mid to late 20th century.
Here are the John Di Castri projects we have included on the site so far:
- 1609 Blanshard Street, built in 1951 for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- 912 Douglas Street, built in 1954 for Ballantyne’s Florists. Listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 2008.
- 1061 Fort Street, the Mosaic Building. Built in 1963 for the Royal Trust Company
For more information about John Di Castri, see:
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
- University of Victoria, Maltwood Gallery
- University of Victoria, Library Collections
- Winchester Galleries
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?