Here is a map showing the location of 522 Quadra Street:
Here is a Google Street View image of 522 Quadra Street:
Additional Information About 522 Quadra Street
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,499,000; Land $810,000; Buildings $680,000
- Sold for $1,710,000 on 29 September 2017
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,566,000; Land $792,000; Buildings $774,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,335,000; Land $786,000; Buildings $549,000
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
- Hallmark Society
A Brief History of 522 Quadra Street
The Hendersons lived here until 1911 when they moved to their farm at 3984 Carey Road [note: no longer extant] in Saanich.
In 1986 owners Clifford Whitehead and Marjorie Parsons won a Hallmark Society Award for their restoration of this house.
Here are some historic photos of 522 Quadra Street and the Henderson family:
- Saanich Archives photo 2014-015-009a – Henderson family outside 522 Quadra Street, circa 1898
- City of Victoria Archives photo M00687 – 1899
- Saanich Archives photo 2007-193-034 – Anton Henderson, circa 1903
- Saanich Archives photo 2014-015-008 – Henderson family portrait, circa 1910
- Saanich Archives photo 2014-015-004 – 522 Quadra Street, 1986
- Victoria Hallmark Society
Here are some other buildings designed by architect A.C. Ewart:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?