Beach Drive – Oak Bay
418-424 Beach Drive
This Arts & Crafts bungalow at 418-424 Beach Drive was built in 1913 by architect George G. Irvine for James Everd Runions, who ran a real estate firm, Runions Brokers Ltd. in the Central Building, 620 View Street. The estimated 1913 construction cost was $5,000.
James Runions only lived here for one year. It is possible that his real estate business was ruined by the world wide recession which took hold in 1913-14.
In 1914 this house was converted into a duplex. It is still a duplex today.
The stone porch pillars, exposed rafter ends and roof brackets are all characteristic of the Craftsman Bungalow style.
Here is a map showing the location of 418-424 Beach Drive:
Here is a Google Street View image of 418 Beach Drive:
Additional Information About 418-424 Beach Drive
- Assessed Value (July 2020): $2,545,000; Land $1,859,000 Buildings $686,000
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $1,795,000; Land $1,795,000 Buildings $000,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,167,000; Land $1,907,000 Buildings $280,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,970,000; Land $1,741,000 Buildings $229,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,702,000; Land $1,466,000 Buildings $236,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,247,000; Land $1,097,000 Buildings $150,000
- Assessed Value (July 2014): $1,250,000; Land $1,054,000 Buildings $196,000
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?