Victoria City Tour
1745 Rockland Avenue
1745 Rockland Avenue was designed and built in 1899 by architect Francis Rattenbury for lawyer Ernest Victor Bodwell, Q.C., who sold it shortly afterwards to his law partner, Lyman Duff, who later became Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada,
It has always been a single family residence.
Here is a map showing the location of 1745 Rockland Avenue:
Here is a Google Street View image of 1745 Rockland Avenue:
Additional Information About 1745 Rockland Avenue
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $2,221,000; Land $1,257,000; Buildings $964,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $2,375,000; Land $1,401,000; Buildings $974,000
- Assessed Value (July 2017): $1,774,000; Land $1,250,000; Buildings $524,000
- Sold on 10 July 2017 for $1,763,000
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
- Times-Colonist – 21 March 2015
A Brief History of 1745 Rockland Avenue
See Victoria Heritage Foundation.
For more on Sir Lyman Duff, see:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?