Victoria City Tour
Rockland Avenue – 1171 Rockland Avenue
1171 Rockland was built in 1908 for Dr. Thomas Jones, a dentist who had previously lived one block north at 1124 Fort Street.
Dr. Jones called this house, Dundalk.
Here is a map showing the location of 1171 Rockland Avenue:
Here is Google Street View image of 1171 Rockland Avenue:
Additional Information About 1171 Rockland Avenue
- Assessed Value (July 2019): $1,819,000; Land $820,000; Buildings $999,000
- Assessed Value (July 2018): $1,687,000; Land $853,000; Buildings $834,000
- 1171 Rockland Avenue was sold on 30 November 2017 for $1,500,000
- Assessed Value (July 2016): $1,534,000; Land $781,000; Buildings $753,000
- Assessed Value (July 2015): $1,275,000; Land $634,000; Buildings $641,000
- Victoria Heritage Foundation
A Brief History Of 1171 Rockland Avenue
The Victoria Heritage Foundation website has a good history of 1171 Rockland Avenue.
1171 Rockland was built for Dr. Thomas Jones as his family residence. About 1943 it was converted into a rooming house. It is now apartments.
1124 Fort Street was built by, and for, Dr. Thomas Jones before he built 1171 Rockland Avenue in 1908.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?